The Faculty of Nursing has a centralized Research Portfolio to support research initiatives and activities of tenure track faculty and students. Faculty and students have access to resources dedicated to increasing their research skills and productivity.
Supports and services provided include:
- Communication of research funding opportunities
- Grant workshops and seminars
- Review of applications
- Centralized institutional signing of applications
- Peer review of Internal grant applications by a Research Review Committee
- Facilitation of grant application submission to the sponsor
- Orientation to research policies and procedures
- Post award grant management support (administrative and financial)
- Centralized secure data repository for storage of research data
- Training on grants and financial management software tools
- Mentorship for all stages of a research career
Click HERE to download a copy of our Research Resources document. In it, you will find links to valuable research resources available to you.
A Note on Research Ethics Requirements
All faculty, staff and students who conduct human participant research and/or who use animals in research, teaching and testing need to have ethics approval from a University of Alberta ethics committee for their work before it starts. The REO website has comprehensive information on ethics requirements, processes and policies.
REO has developed a simple self-assessment tool (When Is Ethics Review Required) to help researchers understand when they need to get more advice from the Research Ethics Office. Ethics requirements change over time and REO will always have current and accurate information.
REO provides advice, consultation and training by email, telephone and in person to individuals, research groups, classes and seminars, staff orientations and department meetings. Please contact Research Ethics Office.