If this is an emergency
If this is an emergency, whether medical, police, fire or hazmat, call 911 immediately.
If this is an emergency off North Campus - Call the local emergency services then contact UAPS 24/7 at 780-492-5050.
If there has been a chemical exposure
Call the Poison and Drug Information Service for guidance at 1-800-332-1414.
If you have a hazard concern
Report to firstname.lastname@example.org
Report an incident, injury or near-miss event
The Incident Portal should be used to report an incident, injury or near-miss event involving university faculty, staff, students, or visitors who were conducting activities on behalf of the U of A. The portal should be used regardless of whether the incident arose on or off university property.
More information at EHS about reporting an injury or incident.
Did you receive a U of A Alert?
- Pass it on! The quicker everyone around you is notified, the quicker everyone acts. Not everyone has to wait for their own U of A Alert to arrive before taking action.
- Follow the instructions. Depending on the event, for your safety you may be ask to avoid a specific building, remain indoors, take shelter, report suspicious activity to UAPS at 780-492-5050 or stay away from campus.
- Unless you are directed to stop and leave campus, it is business as usual except for the affected area described in the alert.
- Wait for UAPS to tell you if it’s safe to re-enter a building or campus.
- Not sure if classes and the work day are cancelled? Check the UAlberta.ca homepage.