- Compliance with legislation
Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics complies with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act, and Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), which are designed to protect your personal information and privacy.
Protection of Privacy - The personal information requested on this form is collected under the authority of Section 33 (c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be protected under Part 2 of that Act. It will be used for the purpose of administering student, alumni, and supporter relations at the University of Alberta and providing advanced services and information on products, events, and services that may be of interest to you. This will include order and payment processing, customer service and quality assurance, as well as contacting you for offers and promotions. Please note that information collected will be transmitted to and stored on servers outside of the University, Alberta and Canada and that the University cannot guarantee protection against disclosures as a consequence of foreign laws. Direct any questions about this collection to: Athletics Ticketing Associate, University of Alberta, 4-414 Van Vliet Complex, Edmonton Alberta, T6G 2H9, 780-492-9441. Please also see the University of Alberta’s privacy statement.
- Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics is committed to protecting your personal information and privacy and considers matters relating to the protection of your personal information and privacy to be of the utmost importance. Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics adheres to the following principles to protect your privacy:
- Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics does not sell, rent, loan, trade, lease, transfer or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties
- All information which you provide to Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics will be protected with industry-stand protocols and technology
- “Personal Information” means the recorded information about an identifiable individual, including, but not limited to:
- The individual’s name, home or business address, or home or business telephone number;
- the individual’s age, sex, marital status or family status;
- information about the individual’s educational history
- the individual’s personal views or opinions, except if they are about someone else
- Personal Information Aggregated or Made Anonymous
To the extent that Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics makes any of your personal information anonymous or aggregates it with the personal information of others such that it can no longer be attributed to you, your information will no longer be considered to be personal information and Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics is entitled to use, retain, disclose and destroy such information in its absolute discretion.
- Choosing to Provide Personal Information
When using the Website and dealing with Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics, you may choose not to provide certain aspects of your personal information. If you choose not to provide all information reasonably requested of you, it may limit the manner in which you can make use of the Website and otherwise interact with Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics or you may not be able to use the Website or to interact with Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics at all.
You provide implied consent to the collection, retention, use, and disclosure of your personal information for a particular purpose if you voluntarily provide the information to Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics for that particular purpose and it is reasonable that a person would voluntarily provide that information.
In certain circumstances, including without limitation when dealing with certain legal, medical or security issues, Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics may be authorised or required by law to disclose your personal information without seeking or obtaining your knowledge or consent.
- Consent via Opt-In or Opt-Out in Certain Circumstances
Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics may, from time to time, provide you with a reasonable opportunity to opt-out of certain collections, uses and disclosures of your personal information. You implicitly consent to a particular collection use or disclosure of your personal information if you fail to indicate within a reasonable time that you wish to opt-out of the particular collection, use or disclosure when you are given a reasonable opportunity to do so.
Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics may, from time to time, provide you with a reasonable opportunity to opt-in to certain collections, uses and disclosures of your personal information. If you do not opt-in to a particular collection, use or disclosure of your personal information when given a reasonable opportunity to do so, you do not consent to your personal information being collected, used or disclosed in that particular manner.
Where Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics provides an opt-in or opt-out opportunity, Athletics will use the opt-out method when particular collection, use or disclosure does not pertain to sensitive information or would be reasonably expected by the user of the Website. Athletics will use the opt-in method in all other circumstances.
- Changing or Withdrawing Consent
- Collection of Personal Information
The following, without limitation, are particular circumstances in which Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics may collect your personal information:
- When you register an account through Account Manager, subscribe to Be The Roar Newsletter, subscribe to Scores Weekly, purchase tickets through Account Manager or Ticketmaster.ca, respond to an electronic survey or communication from Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics.
- Golden Bears & Pandas athletics also may collect information, including without limitation, the name, address, email address of recipients of ticket transfers. Such information about the recipient would be provided by the individual accepting the transfer.
- Use of Personal Information
The following, without limitation, are particular circumstances in which Golden Bears & Pandas may use your personal information without obtaining further consent. By providing your personal information you consent to the following uses:
- Using identification and contact information, such as your name, address and e-mail address, to provide you with information about Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics when you request that information
- Using identification and contact information, such as your name, address and e-mail address, so that Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics can identify you and deliver the products, services, promotions, newsletters, that you request and can communicate with you regarding those products, services, promotions and newsletters including without limitation when responding to your customer service requests
- Using payment method preferences and related financial information that you provide to Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics so that Athletics can obtain payment for the products and services that you request and can process transactions in an efficient manner
- Using customer relationship information such as your products and service requests, instructions, comments and feedback to assist Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics in delivering products and services and the Website in accordance with your preferences
- Using your email address to administer a promotion or survey or to provide you with information about events that may interest you or new features and/or enhancements to Golden Bears & Pandas products and services and to the Website, unless you choose to unsubscribe to such messages in accordance with CASL, where applicable
- Using identification information and contact information, such as your name, address and email address to send you promotional material or special offers on our behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties
- Analyzing your personal information to assist Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics in developing and enhancing its products and services or the Website
- Analyzingyour personal information to assist Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics in conducting market analysis and strategic planning
- Links to Other Websites
- Security of Personal Information
Golden Bears & Pandas Athletics recognizes its obligation to protect personal information that is in its custody or under its control by implementing reasonable security safeguards to keep confidential and secure you your personal information against risks such as loss, theft, and unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or destruction. The reasonable safeguards may vary depending on the circumstances, including the level of sensitivity of the personal information, and may include secured networks, restricting access to authorized individuals on a need-to-know basis, locked door, other organizational, physical or technological security measures, and contractual measures such as non-disclosure or confidentiality agreements.